I am using windows 10 pro 64 bit. Whenever I try to download an app from windows store it says “try again. something went wrong. error code 0x80240004”. What should I do to Fix Error code 0x80240004 in Window 10?
Before trying to Fix Error code 0x80240004 in Window 10, let’s talk about Symptoms of error code 0x80240004.
The main symptoms of error code 0x80240004 are:
- The computer starts freezing.
- Windows always get a bad response
- When you work suddenly your computer get hang
- Sometimes external device won’t work properly.
Reasons for getting an error code 0x80240004:
- Damaged software installation
- incorrectly configured update files on the system
- Outdated drivers
- Virus attacks
Workaround: First of all, check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc”
- Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
- If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
Method 1: Troubleshooting to Fix Error code 0x80240004 in Window 10:
Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:
a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
b) Click on Troubleshooting tab.
c) Click on view all option in the upper left corner.
d) Select the Background Intelligent Transfer Service option from the list.
e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter. And get the process completed.
Method 2: Correct the date and time zone to Fix Error code 0x80240004 in Window 10:
Check if the Date, time and Time zone is set correct by following the steps given below:
a. Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
b. Click Change date and time button.
c. Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone. And correct time zone also.
Method 3. Advanced System settings to Fix Error code 0x80240004 in Window 10
step 1. Start and type My computer. Now right click on my computer and choose properties.
2. Choose advanced system settings.
3. Click on environment variable.
4. Click on user variable. Click Edit and follow the steps further. Finally, Reboot your PC.
Method 4: Safe Mode With Networking to Fix Error code 0x80240004 in Window 10 :
Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor
However, you can try to place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.
If you are still unable to Fix Error code 0x80240004 in Window 10, you may contact us.