Facing an error code x80240054 after updating windows 10.
I have tried to install Windows 10 twice through Windows Update but received an error code x80240054 both times. Between the installs, I had a reboot and waited a few hours in case it was due to server overload.
There is no 3rd party antivirus and Defender was turned off for the second attempt. My Surface Pro 3 (i 3 4 GB Ram, 64 GB) has enough space according to the installer. I also tried using the Media Creation Tool (64-bit) but that both gave “Something has happened” errors, immediately after clicking “Upgrade this PC now”. How can I sort out this issue?
Users receive this error code while upgrading from window 8 to Windows 10.
An error may look like: –
1. Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
2. Some updates were not installed. Failed: 27 updates
3. KB2919355, KB300850
4. Error(s) found: Code 80240054 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
Method: – Step 1: – Disable Windows Firewall temporarily:
- Press window key and R at the same time to open Run Dialog box.
- Type firewall.cpl in it and press enter.
- Now click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”.
- In Private Network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”. Do the same for Public Network Setting. Press OK.
Note: – When an issue is resolved, remember to turn it ON.
Step 2: – Check for Corrupt System Files: –
- Type cmd in the search box. And open the Command prompt.
- Type the command SCF/scan now and press enter. It will take some time to scan and automatically fix the integrity problem.
Note: – Run your PC as an Administrator to run the above command.
The other method you can try is to use the tool given in link below:- http://www.vsksoft.com/maxutilities/
Even if the problem is still there, you can contact us.