I want to export my bookmarks from Mozilla Firefox to Google Chrome. How to export Firefox bookmarks to chrome?
Many users face the issue of How to export Firefox bookmarks to chrome. Though it is very easy to Export your Firefox Bookmarks to Chrome. Follow the steps given below to do so:
1: Export Bookmarks to HTML file:
Export your bookmarks to an HTML file and you can use it as a backup or for importing into another web browser. Just follow the steps given below:
- Click the , then click . Scroll to the bottom and click .
- From the toolbar on the Library window, click and choose .
- In the Export Bookmarks File window that opens, choose a location to save the file. It’s name is bookmarks.html by default.
- Click the button. The Export Bookmarks File window will close.
- Close the Library window.
- Your bookmarks are now successfully exported from Firefox.
- Save the .html bookmarks file
2: Importing Bookmarks
First of all, Open Google Chrome
- click the Customize and Control Google Chrome button -> go to Bookmarks section and click Bookmarks Manager
- Import Bookmarks Manager window will appear
- click the Organize button and click Import Bookmarks from HTML file
- provide the location of the earlier saved .html bookmarks file and click Open
Check and tell if its working. And if bookmarks are not imported then follow the steps given below:
- Open Google Chrome
- click the Customize and Control Google Chrome button (a tool-like icon as shown in attached screenshot) -> go to Bookmarks section and click Import Bookmarks and Settings…
- Import Bookmarks and Settings… window appears. Now in the From field select Mozilla Firefox. Under select Items to import: place checkmark on Favorites/Bookmarks -> click Import button
Check and tell if its working.
Note: If you’ve used a different browser, like Internet Explorer or Safari, you can import your settings into Chrome. Depending on the browser used, your settings can include the following info:
- your browsing history
- default homepage
- default search engines
- saved passwords etc
Add settings to Chrome
- Close other browsers that are open on your PC.
- Open Google Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click Bookmarks Import bookmarks and settings.
- Choose the browser with the settings you want to import.
- If the application you’ve used isn’t listed, export your bookmarks as an HTML file and import the HTML file.
- Finally, Click on Import.
If you are still unable to export Firefox bookmarks to chrome, you may contact us.