Fix Windows Defender not working
- Scan for malware Run Adware Malware and antivirus scan.
- Remove existing antivirus software Uninstall security software with the official removal utility, Every antivirus has their own uninstall tool go your antivirus company website and look for removal utility and download and running on the computer. Sometimes when you try to go to control panel and uninstall, there may be some files left on a computer so the best way to remove is using an antivirus uninstall tool only.
- One antivirus one computer In Windows computer It is it recommended to install one antivirus at a time so if your defender is disabled or not working there are chances that you’re another Antivirus Security is still enabled and not letting the windows defender work.
- Check The Status windows defender services and Security Center must be turned on, In Windows, 10 go to settings and then windows defender settings and check whether it real time protection must be on.
- Run SFC scan System File Checker repairs corrupt system files
- Check for any unwanted startup programs or run autorun
- Restart your PC Shutdown a computer and wait for 5 minutes and then power on the computer many times restarting your computer can fix lot of problems
- Restart Security Center Service
Follow these steps:
a.Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. or you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
b.type ‘services.msc‘ and hit enter
c.search for ‘Security Center‘.
d.Right click on ‘Security Center’ and click on Start or Restart.
- Windows update check for the hidden updates and install all the windows update and restart your computer. Still Windows Defender not working then try regedit.
- Windows Registry be careful when you are editing the windows
a. Go to run.
b. Type regedit and press OK.
c. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE \ Policies\ Microsoft\ Windows Defender
d. Double click on DisableAntiSpyware.
e. Now erase the value and give OK.
Still need help do a live chat with us or call us