How to Fix Windows Defender error code 0x80073afc
If you are having Windows defender error code 0x80073afc as a when you are trying to boot your Windows computer. Furthermore, you are getting windows defender error. But on the whole, for your better concern, this can cause for the corrupted windows defender files if you are running your windows defender manually. Over here you can get better solutions as for the relevant ways to fix windows defender error code 0x80073afc. Along with this, the error can occur if there is another third-party security software is getting interference. Easily Resolve Windows Defender error code 0x80073afc.
Ways to fix the Windows Defender error code 0x80073afc:
If you are trying to create a System Restore point, then obviously you can try to undo any modifications. it can be done through performing System Restore. In case, if you are not in the region to create a System Restore point then for fixing some error issues you have to make it possible by yourself.
Additionally, this process will help you a lot to fix for error 0x80073afc for Windows Defender-
- First of all, you must Check out the status of all Windows Defender related Services in your pc.
- Furthermore, you should go for the Re-registration concerned DLL files.
- It will be done through Using the Registry Editor.
- Although another thing is also through checking the Environmental Values.
- Along with this, there should be the usage of System File Checker.
1] Start with Checking out the status of all Windows Defender related Services in your pc:
For doing this process, you have to open the windows service manager exactly with the proper steps.
- In the beginning, just go with doing the Right-click on the Start button to open the WinX Menu.
- Therefore, Select the Run option. Through this, you will be able to enter in the run prompt.
- Now over there in the blank box, you have to type services.msc in it.
- Press the Enter key from your keyboard to open the Services Manager.
When the windows service manager will be open shortly thereafter, you just need to follow some recommended steps to accomplish the task:
Have a Right-click on the below showing service, with opening the option of properties. Similarly, with dropping down you have to select the option of startup type to manual. Also, there will be needed to make sure that those services are in the state of Running with manual settings by pressing the Start button.
- The first one, “Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection“.
- The second one, “Windows Defender Advanced Network Infrastructure“.
- Furthermore, the “Windows Defender Antivirus Service“.
Now apart from the above-said process, do just Right-click on the given service in the below section. Consequently, you have to open Properties. So, in the further step drop down and select the startup type to automatic from manual and make sure that it is in the running state.
- The last one is, “Windows Defender Firewall“.
2] Resolve Windows Defender error code 0x80073afc with Re-register concerned DLL files:
Exactly, to troubleshoot the issue of Resolve Windows Defender error code 0x80073afc, you have to re-register some DLL or Dynamic Link Library Files. These will only on your pc. But for this, you have to launch CMD (Admin) and thereafter you would be able to re-register the given DLL files with the executing command one by one over there.
regsvr32 atl.dll regsvr32 wuapi.dll regsvr32 softpub.dll regsvr32 mssip32.dll
Finally, now you have to only Reboot your computer for saving the changes to take effect in the meanwhile process of resolving the issue.
3] Moreover, with the help of Using the Registry Editor:
Getting the use of registry editor, first of all, you have to open the registry editor in your computer as well. Follow the zstep[s to open the registry editor in your computer.
- Press simultaneously the WINKEY + R button.
- Thereafter, the run prompt will be opened shortly.
- Over there, type in regedit and thereafter enter in the space of registry editor with pressing Enter key.
- As well as, Once your Registry Editor opens, then go with navigating the following key for further precedence-
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options
Now, at this point, you have to check if you find some DWORDs named as MSASCui.exe, MpCmdRun.exe, MpUXSrv.exe, or msconfig.exe. In any case, If you don’t have this, then just move to the next fix given below. But as a result, if you do see them, therefore you can surely delete all these keys or folders.
As a repercussion, what you have to do only Reboot your computer for having the settings and saving them to perform the fix and see the results.
4] Alternatively, Resolve Windows Defender error code 0x80073afc through the assistance of checking the Environmental Values:
Want to have the use of Environmental Values? Then you have to firstly open this in your pc as well.
- To open this, go to the Start button.
- Thereupon, proceed with typing View advanced system settings in the Windows Search Box.
- After doing this, Select the appropriate result whatever you will get.
While you have opened this window with the given process then, you will have A new mini window. jump to a tab called Advanced in the showing window. On the bottom part of the showing mini window, proceed with having a click on the button named Environment Variables.
Nevertheless, you have to make sure that value for it has been set to C:\ProgramData for the exact variable name of %ProgramData%.
Subsequently, to Resolve Windows Defender error code 0x80073afc finally click on the OK button to save the settings.
5] Have the Use of the System File Checker
As you know that for having the use of system file checker you have to open the window of this in your pc. Again as with doing the Right-click on the Start button, you have to click on the Command Prompt (Admin).
To complete the process of fix the Windows Defender error code 0x80073afc you have to type in the following command in it. In the final step, press the Enter option.
Henceforth, give your system a Restart after the scan is completed to have the result for Resolve Windows Defender error code 0x80073afc.
Hopefully, this information will help you a lot for achieving the target to fix the issue of Windows Defender error code 0x80073afc.